Main Entrance

The club has been in existence since 1938 and has a proud history in collaboration with the miners from what was the Hamstead Colliery until 1965 when the mine closed and housing was built on the site of the pithead. The club continues today as a social club for the people living in the Hamstead area. We offer a selection of fine beers and spirits as well a number of activities including Bowling, Dominoes, Bowls, Pool, Snooker Fishing club, Alzheimer support, Bingo Live entertainment, Kickboxing, Slimming World, amongst others. Pages dedicated to these activities will appear in the near future as the website grows, so keep coming back for details.